Muscle gain challenge log (Matt aka Fitdog)

You big softie, my knees feel fine at moment, anyway busy at work see you tonight!

Attempted box squats again today had this product on BodyHelix Full Knee Helix - Buy Online, Reviews, Deals and its really doing the job in keeping the swelling down and providing a little support whilst training, did a few sets of 100kg, the did 140kg for 5 reps i think quite easy and quite a low box, didnt want to push it too much though, slow and steady when it comes to my knee. Then did some barbell step ups never done them before but felt ok. Onto some heavy high volume calf raises and lastly dumbel preacher curls supersetted with close grip chins.
Few vids of squats and step-ups

Strange day My brothers @darkside missus in hospital, my other brother @mike oxlong missus waters broken so expecting another mini Dutton sometime soon and my missus @Claire knee gave way whilst coming down the stairs which resulted in a nasty fall and a trip to hospital! Ontop of that the nhs or garbage and have been in all three cases.

Chest tonight did some speed flat bench work trebles and doubles, was good fun to change things around but got a niggle in my shoulder during warm up battled through and even had a play around with the log press, also did some decline bench work for reps and floor press. Pretty decent session will hopefully be training with @oaklad one night this week over in Huddersfield .

Annihilated shoulders tonight with high volume low rest in and out within 35 mins including some tricep work, 3sets of heavy side laterals 8-12 rep range then 2 drop sets to failure, seated smith machine behind neck press 4 sets to failure, front plate raises 3 sets to failure with a 20kg plate. Then a few sets of tricep pushdowns finished off with another dropset to failure and attempted some dips but had nothing left to even get one rep.

Weight was very high today, might have been something to do with the rather large Asian mixed grilled i had late last night, or the new "supplements" im taking still looking leaner though which is nice. Going to Malony gym in Huddersfield tonight with @darkside and @oaklad hope to bump into Big Bear whilst there, new bars different plates dont have a plan in mind but if i feel strong i will be trying to beat my pb hoping to hit 210kg deadlift we will see.

Weight was very high today, might have been something to do with the rather large Asian mixed grilled i had late last night, or the new "supplements" im taking still looking leaner though which is nice. Going to Malony gym in Huddersfield tonight with @darkside and @oaklad hope to bump into Big Bear whilst there, new bars different plates dont have a plan in mind but if i feel strong i will be trying to beat my pb hoping to hit 210kg deadlift we will see.

Hopefully be a good session usually get PBS when around different people so you might surprise yourself!!im quite interested to see what i can get at low rep deadlifts at a lower weight.

Mmmmmmm take away was lovely but thank god I can avoid the scales till Monday!!!
Have no idea how you manage it bu I always think the more you seem to eat the better you look the next day? Anyway your looking good and very lean today!!

Finally upping my calories today will be going for around 2800 to start with hoping i dont get fat again!

Finally upping my calories today will be going for around 2800 to start with hoping i dont get fat again!

sounds good! if u wanna be careful u dont get fat why dont you just add say 300-500 a week?

sounds good! if u wanna be careful u dont get fat why dont you just add say 300-500 a week?
Well i have been on under 200 calories for a little while so this should be a nice amount, considering adding in glycobol, slin-sane, need2slin or ala to take around my carb meals which will only be Breakfast, then pre and post workout.

A few days into higher calories sleeping like a baby for first time in a while, a few personal problems though so my head all over place, hopefully training will not suffer will take some pictures this week to check how the increase in food has effected me. Really need to bring my arms up my legs and chest.

Shoulders last night nice session, even though my shoulders are growing faster now by adding in lateral raises before some kind of press movement, my pressing strength really taken a hit so will swap things around a bit from now. Training back tonight with the warehouse manager from Predator, big strong dude benching 250kg raw and natural, front squatting 280kg i think he said and bent over rowing 210kg for reps, strongest man i know he only trains twice every 8 days and has some interesting training ideas.

Probably my best workout of the last few months last night,
Flat bench
decline dumbbell press
dips
Push downs
Calf raises
a couple sets of trap bar deadlifts to see how knee felt.
Day off tonight, trained 4 days straight so feeling little jaded. Lower carb day today when not training will increase fat a little though. Tomorrow is a week since increase in calories so will weigh my self and assess the damage, @Claire says i have not out any fat on so will see may get a few pics up also.

Back