Muscle gain challenge log (Matt aka Fitdog)

Just hit back, did rackpulls today instead of full deadlifts since i did trap bar deads a few days ago thought i would save the knee.
Worked up to 270kg for a single pretty shabby form but no straps, this was after quite a high rep work set then a few heavy doubles, finished it off with 190kg for 20 reps, was too much like cardio lol. Did some heavy pulldowns and tbar rows back very pumped very happy but waist looks liek it has expanded due to the higher carbs.

Pre workout oats and whey, so just waiting i feel the need to have a big shit then will go pick up my bro and aim to destroy my shoulders!

Just found 2 videos of my 2 year old preparing for his first atlas stone comp with an 8kg medicine ball! lol! Great technique too will upload vids when i get home from work. Apart from that i am growing and getting leaner and very vascular, i went out last night had 3 pints the rest was fruit juice, got lots of comments and attention from both male and female admirers good for moral and ego felt great so left early to go home and show my missus @Claire how much i love her...

whats diet like mate? coz at first u said u seemed to be putting abit of fat back on? have u fine tuned it?
good to get commentes like that!

Just found 2 videos of my 2 year old preparing for his first atlas stone comp with an 8kg medicine ball! lol! Great technique too will upload vids when i get home from work. Apart from that i am growing and getting leaner and very vascular, i went out last night had 3 pints the rest was fruit juice, got lots of comments and attention from both male and female admirers good for moral and ego felt great so left early to go home and show my missus @Claire how much i love her...

It's the predator nutrition supps?! How's legs gone this week doing more often?knee holding up?

whats diet like mate? coz at first u said u seemed to be putting abit of fat back on? have u fine tuned it?
good to get commentes like that!

Will just talk about the carbs, i am only having carbs pre, during and post workout (in the evening) and a carb meal for breakfast, the rest of the day is proteins and fats, non training days just one high carb meal at breakfast. Its going better than i hoped for at moment!

It's the predator nutrition supps?! How's legs gone this week doing more often?knee holding up?
Lol would be lost if i did not work for Predator, some great supplements and around knowledgeable people constantly. Knee was painful this week so could do legs press and quads but hit hamstrings and calves time will tell hoping the added stimulus will provide growth for my matchstick legs. Deadlifts tomorrow too probably go down to bodystation or malonys for a session.

Pretty disappointing session tbh too much time gossiping like a girl with @oaklad and a few other guys in the gym, was meant to be a max effort deadlift day warm ups felt good 200kg felt shit, watched the video back technique was shocking, went for 215 i raised my arse and didnt activate my legs big fat fail, then put a 2.5 kg plate underneath the weights which raised the weight up around 2cm and pulled the 215kg but with shocking technique dont know what the hell was going on, then went on to pull 190kg for 4x2 which i was happy with, got some good video of how not to deadlift lol! On another note oaklad looks to be making good improvements looked different in the flesh this week.

Pretty disappointing session tbh too much time gossiping like a girl with @oaklad and a few other guys in the gym, was meant to be a max effort deadlift day warm ups felt good 200kg felt shit, watched the video back technique was shocking, went for 215 i raised my arse and didnt activate my legs big fat fail, then put a 2.5 kg plate underneath the weights which raised the weight up around 2cm and pulled the 215kg but with shocking technique dont know what the hell was going on, then went on to pull 190kg for 4x2 which i was happy with, got some good video of how not to deadlift lol! On another note oaklad looks to be making good improvements looked different in the flesh this week.

I do think you psyche yourself out of the lifts some times you have 215 if not more in you. You got 215 off an inch plate so you k is you can shift it so think that should help.

Bit of an update, after speaking to @Claire and a few of my brothers both me and claire have decided to do a show at leeds next year! Now this is not definate as we have a lot planned for this year and claires new business really taking off, but for now thats what we both aim to do, it will most likely be a one off competition just to see we have done it and get some nice pictures for the kids, i will be entering the Jonny Bravo class as i will have zero legs but wide shoulders and big back lol! Claire is unsure yet about what class but she is on a mini cut at moment and then will be aiming to put on some decent size and strength. My weight gain has stalled now so time to increase the calories a little more but seem to be still getting leaner, will add an extra protein shake and some oatcakes and peanut butter in and see where that takes me.

Well i must be starting to resemble someone that trains, had a lot of comments in the store today, makes me happy and motivated to go train legs tonight!

Had a beast of a deadlift session today did some trebles and doubles wasnt expecting much since my knee was sore from legs yesterday and trap bar deadlifts, i felt very stiff, however worked up and doubled 200kg which is a pr for me! Got it on vid too so pretty chuffed!

Crazy session for me today turned out to be awesome never expected it. Todays food has just been lots of whey oatcakes and peanut butter as i forgot to prep food and didnt have time this morning. Air con at work doesnt work so have been sweating my balls off all day with no cool air or any kind of circulation. Then i got the shits probably due to all the protein shakes. Was meant to be training legs tonight i walked into the gym deflated knackered and unmotivated with very dodgy stomach, started with leg press did four working sets and started to feel better, somehow afterwards we ended up trying a few deadlifts out my training partner wanted me to look at his technique, baring in mind i hit 200kg for a double a few nights ago i started of with 140kg for loads of reps, wearing straps and a belt (which i never do), also was using smaller plates than usual so harder for me to get into position. Then put 180 reped that out for an easy handful and started to feel great so we put on 200kg i pulled a treble at 200kg with total ease probably could have got 5-6 reps out really shocked. So though fck it i had some nose tork in my bag too thanks to the strength shop (great service) @oaklad to thank for the idea too. Loaded up 220kg put my straps on got into position mate held the smelling salts under my nose, i nearly fainted lol eyes watering but got down and pulled the fucker up and not much of a grinder either! Properly happy a 220kg deadlift with a knee replacement couldnt believe it. Happy with that i just blasted loads of calf raises out and went home with a big smile on my face! Video will be up tomorrow.

Told you that you had it in you it seems to happen when you think you will do shit just seems to fall into place, not sure if it is because you don't expect to do well so don't put pressure on yourself???

Back