Painful Back Pumps

Simon90

These are starting to fuck my leg training up and also effecting back workouts when going higher reps on deads.
Is there anything that helps with them?

I'm thinking I've got some imbalance going on and my lower back is overcompensating for something else, if that's possible.

These are starting to fuck my leg training up and also effecting back workouts when going higher reps on deads.
Is there anything that helps with them?

I'm thinking I've got some imbalance going on and my lower back is overcompensating for something else, if that's possible.
Taurine and electrolytes may help
Taurine around 10g iirc
What are you using that may be causing this
Any orals
I remember you saying you've gone very high carb

Is it pumps though?

it’s absolutely possible for your lower back to take the brunt of an imbalance, injury, shit technique. Especially when it comes to deadlifts and squats.

form check then physio would be my suggestion

Could be mobility issues if it’s more painful than a pump. You don’t have any anterior pelvic tilt etc going on?

Have you recently gained a few kilos of scale weight quickly?
I am finding rapid weight gain causes these so you either work with body and let it adapt or change whatever caused the weight gain in first instance.

Taurine and electrolytes may help
Taurine around 10g iirc
What are you using that may be causing this
Any orals
I remember you saying you've gone very high carb
Yes mate my carbs are getting back high again, im starting to think it's to do with the increase of bw as it was fine when I started back in gym for first few week

Could be mobility issues if it’s more painful than a pump. You don’t have any anterior pelvic tilt etc going on?
Ive just looked to see what that is and it does look like I have thhst a little bit like my arse sticks out alot, although not to the extreme as pics online, I also notice on ohp I find it difficult to not hyperextend towards lockout. Could thstt be a sign of it aswell

Is it pumps though?

it’s absolutely possible for your lower back to take the brunt of an imbalance, injury, shit technique. Especially when it comes to deadlifts and squats.

form check then physio would be my suggestion
It does feel like pumps, painful ones. But if I rest for a while lying down or after I've trained they go away. No pain anypart of the day
My form is decent on both lifts, it's just seems to get very pumped extremely fast, 20rep deads and squats will leave me dying for about 30mins after I finish them

It will be the BW Simon.. have a few days of half the carbs or even cut them out and slowly down a bit.

It does feel like pumps, painful ones. But if I rest for a while lying down or after I've trained they go away. No pain anypart of the day
My form is decent on both lifts, it's just seems to get very pumped extremely fast, 20rep deads and squats will leave me dying for about 30mins after I finish them

Here is your problem, who the fuck does 20 rep deads or squats :rofl:
Lose the 0 and you'll be fine :thumb:

High carbs, water retention, rapid weight gain
A few days low carb will do you good in more ways than one
Increase water intake too if its not already high

Back