Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
33,643
Messages
1,119,688
Members
20,559
Latest member
bigbodybuilding
  • © 2000 - 2026 All content on this website is copyrighted and may not be reproduced without consent.
  • TMuscle forum does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding supplements.
    TMuscle has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.

    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.

    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM. IF MEMBERS FIND ANYTHING ILLEGAL PLEASE REPORT IMMEDIATELY FOR PROMPT REMOVAL

    Read Our Forum Terms and Rules

RACK Road To Leeds 2012

RACK

TPW Rep
Joined
Feb 16, 2011
Messages
11,248
Reaction score
12,701
Well peeps I'm back with another journal but taking a bit of a different route this time.

As some know me and Pscarb are no longer working together. The only reason for this is that I fancied a total change in how I train. Paul has been a great coach to me and also a very good friend over the last 2 years and I will always highly recommend him to anyone and all who ask me.
It was a tough call to make but I just wanted to do something different for a while.

This is where Scott Francis (aka Dutch Scott) comes in. A lot on here read about his hybrid training and from the start it's been something that caught my eye. I miss the fitness I used to have when doing MMA and with the hybrid system puttin fitness in the mix it got me very interested.
I spoke with Scott and he agreed to work with me and see what we can do.

So here we start on the ALPHA HYBRID training. Scott sent everything over to me last night and it's bang on what I was after. The training is very much like when I was doing MMA and like the NFL players too so it will be good to see how my body reacts to it.

Today's training is;
legs, lower chain

Will report back later once I've done it
​
 
What's the reasoning behind the jump squats mate? I thought they were a sports specific move, you looking at going back into MMA?
 
Cool mate will follow, i'm starting with Scott myself in Juy
 
Sounds good,good luck with this.A change some times can be a wise move.:thumbup1:
 
Good to read buddy
positive training and mentality from here on out
 
Smitch, they build explosive power. Not looking back into MMA as my elbow is one good arm bar from being wrecked. It saddens me big time as I did love it but not risking having an arm as usful as a busted johnny for the sake of fighting. I just want to be very fit but still look big. I'm 16st bang on at the min (put about 5lb on with holiday) and feel a heavy 16st. When fighting I was 15st, prob looked the same as now but could do 5x5mins rounds of grappling every session. I'd be lucky to last 3 at my current fitness level.

Rekless, hope it goes well with Scott mate

Nogger, we'll soon see with the results I get :D

IB, my tampon will stay firmly in place brother haha
 
Is BBing out of the door now, or is this just something you are doing for a break, keep you fresh and focussed?
Would like to see you compete in the future though :)
 
Good luck with this mate.

Ive been doing the hybrid style of training since March now on the back of Scott's journal he did on UKM prepping for his photo shoot. Working really well.

Started a journal on UKM but it kind of fizzled out as I couldn't be assed to keep typing up my training every evening lol. Still doing it though and its really good.

A lot of my training is based on and around the NFL combine. Its fun to say the least :).
 
@LittleChris, I'll be competing again at some point mate without a doubt. I just needed a little change for a while. As much as I enjoy the BB'in lifestyle, diet and lifting I felt for the last few months that I was just going through the motions so to speak. I feel this way I can really mix things up and bring the massive spark back to it all.

@hsmann, it was the NFL style things that got me looking at it too. Glad to hear it's all going well for you too.
 
looks very good mate, im sure scott will bring about some good changes in you
 
Thanks mate. yep I think a few good things will come outta this so watch this space
 
Like the look of the approach so far best of luck chap x
 
  • Like
Reactions: CJ
This will be interesting to follow Rack!

Im sure it will spur your body into a new lease of life.

Good luck with it.

Ste
 
All the best with this mate, it looks an interesting way to train. I've always enjoyed your posts and attitude, so will definately read the log.

:)
 
  • Like
Reactions: CJ
Cheers guys. I'll pop up how the session went about 4ish when I'm back from the gym
 
  • Like
Reactions: CJ
Back
Top