1Tonne Bulk Log

And I finally gave in and cut all my hair off.

Its a sad day...

On a plus note, it has made me look 5 yrs younger and 10lbs lighter lol. Even I'm amazed. I look young again :D

Last edited:
Morning weight - 178lbs - altho did weigh in at 5am as early start at work.

Shoulders some time tonight.

Today's shoulder session..

Seated Bb press (M/R 20sec)
Bar x lots
WU 30kg x 8
WU 40kg x 3
50kg x 1
60kg x 6 rp 5 rp 4 rp 3
30kg x 14

Felt really strong. So decided to go up to 60kg for the pressing. Not bad at all. Reps same as last week but 2.5kg heavier. Shoulders seem to be coming on quite nicely.

Lots of fluff.

Db snatch hit 30kg x 5 each side. Tried 35kg , but after 1 each side I was done in. Left side had little left , right prob a few more there.

Early starts all week but hopefully home a little earlier over next two days.

Roll on arms Tomo.

Nice work on the DB snatch buddy
Going to try and hit it harder myself next week :thumb:
So did you start at 30kg?
My first time this week, and just seen a guy doing them last week, and he was bigger (upper body wise) than me and was using a 27.5kg DB, so started at 18 and worked up in 2kg increments to 24

Nice work on the DB snatch buddy
Going to try and hit it harder myself next week :thumb:
So did you start at 30kg?
My first time this week, and just seen a guy doing them last week, and he was bigger (upper body wise) than me and was using a 27.5kg DB, so started at 18 and worked up in 2kg increments to 24

Cheers bud. Ummm, no definately not. If remember right, I started at 20 for around 12 each side, then went to 25 for 6 ish, 30 for 5 then figured fuck it I'll do some at 35kg. Some became one lol.

I'm finding it good for explosive power. Sometimes I can't help but think I just don't move fast enough.

35 was prob over zealous. Prob would have for a few more if had done 28kg rather than the 25 and 30.

Is funny as feel great doing them. Then sit down and remember i found guys doing this with 50kg for 5. Long way to go lol.

ImageUploadedByT-Muscle1407962962.529317.jpg

OCD satisfied lol.

Trend is I'm not eating enough quite yet. If look at stats, in the last 5 weeks, my weight has gone from 179.6lbs to 177.6lbs.

Now 2lbs loss in 5 weeks is pretty cool to be honest, especially considering in those 5 weeks, calories have gone from 2400 to 2980.

Strength has taken a decent step up.

Going to see the week out, and prob increase cals by another 200. Will decide sat morning.

I'm fucked. Bed time

Reactions: JB
Not a good night last night.

For just over 3hrs sleep. I am shagged today. Only arms so decided to smash it out. Ended up being quite a good sesh once I actually woke up enough.

Arms

Barbell curl
Bar x 12
25kg x 12
30kg x 12
35kg x 9

Cgbp
40kg x 12
60kg x 10
70kg x 3
DS 40kg x 10

+ fluff and 20 or so pull ups through session.

For the first time in a ...forever, I actually think I look like I train.

Tomorrows job got cancelled today so hopefully can get a solid sleep, then bang out a leg session.

Weekend will be spot on diet wise. Tomorrows weigh in will be deciding factor with regards to calories. I have seen a trend upwards but I think that's just as no shit has been had lol.

If bump does occur, will be a straight jump to 3200 cals.

Better sleep last night.

Training legs today.

Calories increasing by 160. Change happening today as means I can eat more this weekend :D

New macros -
70g fat / 440g carb / 180g pro

Calories -
3150 ish

I might switch out some carbs for fat next week. Will see how food sits over the weekend.

I have targeted 12lbs gain over next 6 months. Will take me to beginning of feb where next cut will begin.

I know have jumped the calories small amounts in small windows but I've come round to thinking i'll be better to cut back if I over shoot than creep forward trying to find that sweet spot.

And I finally gave in and cut all my hair off.

Its a sad day...

On a plus note, it has made me look 5 yrs younger and 10lbs lighter lol. Even I'm amazed. I look young again :D

hahaha it needed doing in all fairness :lol:

Today's leg session..

Barbell lunges (each side)
25kg x 16
30kg x 14
40kg x 6 lol

Barbell bulgarian split squat
30kg x 12
40kg x 8
40kg x 8

Light but plenty. Beginning to quite enjoy them. Doesn't take a lot of weight to really hit them.

Done barbell lunges across the gym. Was empty so had enough space to use oly bar. Only get about 8 lunges tho so have to do 4 laps lol. Worked tho. 40kg lol. Will have to practice.

Got chatting to one of the guys in there and he gave me some variations he likes to do. Done some bulgarian goble squats. He said the carry over to front squats is really good and after doing them I could see why.

Chilled weekend, bit of dog walking, got some new plants to put in the garden to kill. And arsenal to thrash palace on sky sports :D can't ask for much more.

Monday chest and hopefully these extra couple of cals will get me in the road to 190lbs again.

Morning weight -179.8lbs.

Jump of 1.6lbs. Stomach was touch off last night so poss a cause. Been 2 days at 3150 cals so could be combination of food in gut.

On a side note, my quads , hams and most specifically butt cheeks are in fucking tatters today.

Relaxing day planned with footie.

Chest Tomo.

Morning weight - 180.2lbs

Finally got the scales moving again. Going to stick here for this atleast this week and see where it leads. I suspect it will level off. Make wait another week to ensure I'm on right track. May need to cut back a touch but until I've levelled out at this new intake is hard to be sure. I'm now in unchartered territory you could say.

Off to do chest in a few hrs.

Today's chest session..

Decline press
Bar x lots
40kg x 8
50kgx 6
60kg x 3
80kg x 1
100kg x 3 rp 1 rp 1 meh
80kg x 6
70kg x 10
60kg x 9
60kg x 7

Incline bb press
40kg x 12
60kg x 8
70kg x 4
Big Drop set

Good session, was hoping for more on the 100kg dec but meh.

Have just found out I'm going offshore (providing its not cancelled again) on Sunday morning. Luckily, there's a gym right beside the hotel we are working out of, so gonna sign up there. Food will be breakfast provided and self catering for the day, so easy enough to keep it all relatively tidy.

Reactions: JB
Morning weight - 178.8lbs.

Has levelled out again after small spike since increasing cals. Wondering if something I ate had a bit of salt in it but looking at food list nothing screams at me. Meh matters not.

Back to be beaten up in a few hrs. Can't wait.

Today's back session.

Pull ups (bw)
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 3just

High bent over row (underhand)
60 x 12
70 x 12
80 x 9

Happy with improvement.

I'm leaving on Friday morning. Once there I'll sort out some sort of gym if I'm there for longer than a week or two.

Diet wise will just be what's available. Won't do any damage.

Shoulders Tomo

Back