Back To Training

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Asrar, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Hello all, how are are you all doing. I am exaughsted from the travelling, it was a long journey, it was close to 2 days of travelling, I am now resting because I have the cold, my ears and eyes are in pain. I will go to the gym this Monday, I will need to rest this week, my body needs to adjust to the timeline and recover.

The diet will resume, shall I go back to slight caloric surplus or shall I go to maintenance?. I will post pictures on Monday of what I look like after one month no training,. I am making a new year resolution to get bigger, I am looking forward January will be a fresh start.

2. noel

noel Top Contributor

id certainly do some activity....2 days of travelling I imagine means 2 days of zero or next to zero movement

if you haven't trained in a month - I doubt your looking your best - id also guess your diet want on point , so id hold off calorie increases until at least a week or so back to training... see how you are and feel.... but without pics who knows...

Asrar and Jordan1992 like this.
  3. Raisin

Raisin Full Member

If MY goal was to get bigger in January then i would be eating as much as possible. I find it very hard to gain weight so ive always got to be eating.

If you gain weight easily then dont eat too much. If you struggle to gain weight start eating now.

Asrar likes this.
  4. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

I have the cold, my whole body is tired, my ears are blocked and nose is runny, my body is in pain, its as if I have the cold. I am resting this week, I am drinking plenty of fluids etc.
    My diet was not the worst, I am eating at slight maintenance

5. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

I will need to experiment and see what to do. I will check my weight this Sunday and post pictures. I will then consume my regular slight caloric surplus and my weight training will be resumed gently, I have not trained in a month so my strength is bound to have gone down.

I will take things as they come.

6. Pie ead

Pie ead Full Member

How come you haven't trained for a Month?

Asrar likes this.
  7. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

What do you need to experiment?
    Why are you stressing in general?
    Just get back to it asap. It's only been a month and you haven't been injured so no need to ease yourself back gently. If your strength has gone down then train as hard and heavy as poss and get up to speed as quickly as you can

Asrar and Robbie like this.
  8. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

I was on holiday, there was no gym where I was staying.

9. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

I am not stressing lol.

10. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

I checked my bodyweight today, I weighed 86.7 kg lol, I gained about 3 kg or so during my holiday lol.

I trained 3 days this week, it was a good easy workout week, I trained Shoulders on Thursday, I trained chest on Friday and Back Saturday.

I will try and post pictures, I am embarrassed but I have to do it. This is a new year so new goals. I made myself new year resolutions.

1- Get bigger
    2- Get stronger
    3- Study more
    4- worry less
    5- Work harder in the gym and outside
    6- Stay consistent
    That is just some

11. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

I was hoping to train this morning or this afternoon. I have to go to work so my training will be done tonight.

I will be training Quads at the gym. The routine that I have in mind will be to first do some foam rolling to really loosen any tight muscle not too much. I might do so some light bike to warm up the legs before doing so because it is really freezing cold in Glasgow.

After the foam rolling I Will move to my first exercise which will be squats. I really need to get back into it. I will take it easy because I have not trained legs in 1 month plus. My body will be weak so I am going to gently ease back into it.

Squats
    4-5 sets 8-10 reps not Failure
    Leg press close to get more quads
    4 sets 10-15 reps
    Lunges or the exercise where you place your leg on the bench

To finish of the quads leg extensions 4 sets 15-20 reps. I don`t go heavy because it can hurt my knees if I go heavy
    Calves will be simple calve extensions depending on what machine is available. I will do 2 exercises for calves reps will 15-20 but heavy keeping strict form.

A1243R likes this.
  12. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

I trained legs yesterday, it was a hard session. My legs were in so much agony. I could not walk up and down stairs without holding on.
    This morning was slightly better, I am still limping, I only trained quads, my hamstring workout will be on Thursday.

I trained Chest and triceps, I am taking my workout serous, this is the year where I am going to make a impact on my physique, I am fed up of being skinny fat.

13. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Here are some pictures, I took them just now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Pie ead

Pie ead Full Member

The abs are showing thru, not bad considering you had a long lay off

Asrar likes this.
  15. Pie ead

Pie ead Full Member