Potential For Gym Closures

Had letters from my kids school's, outlining it will be the couple of year groups the gov mentioned, the rest September....

Seen the argument when M.P,s go back the kids and teachers can.

Can't fault that TBH.

Tend to agree with Luke tbh

if the schools have been told they can restart that’s fair enough. If certain teachers feel they know better than the gov and it’s too risky to go in that’s fair enough too

But I don’t see why they would be different to anyone else, why should they be paid full salary to sit at home

I don’t get it tbh

Had letters from my kids school's, outlining it will be the couple of year groups the gov mentioned, the rest September....

Seen the argument when M.P,s go back the kids and teachers can.

Can't fault that TBH.

We had an email asking if they open up would we even send our kids back.

We had an email asking if they open up would we even send our kids back.

Yeah that's the next thing, the last day they was allowed open 50% of people didn't let there kids go in.
Loads has taken there kids out before then.

For there mental health, they need to go back imo.
Especially those that are a only child.

Tend to agree with Luke tbh

if the schools have been told they can restart that’s fair enough. If certain teachers feel they know better than the gov and it’s too risky to go in that’s fair enough too

But I don’t see why they would be different to anyone else, why should they be paid full salary to sit at home

I don’t get it tbh
I see your point but it depends if they're working from home or not I guess.
All teachers are currently still working unless they're sick.
People on the furlough scheme aren't allowed to work are they.

I see your point but it depends if they're working from home or not I guess.
All teachers are currently still working unless they're sick.
People on the furlough scheme aren't allowed to work are they.
They have been whilst everyone has been on lockdown

But if the kids are going back and the teachers won’t how will they still be working?

They have been whilst everyone has been on lockdown

But if the kids are going back and the teachers won’t how will they still be working?
There's still plenty that can be done from home: planning, making resources, marking etc.
I can't see many refusing to go back unless it's for medical reasons.
The ones I feel bad for are those with a vulnerable person at home. They'll be expected to go back.

Why shouldn’t they get full pay?

Half of my family are teachers and Damn good ones at that. If the schools your mrs runs are full of piss takers then she needs to look at her recruitment process.

You keep banging on about how shit they are and how they’ve all bunked off, yet who can blame them? If they’re that shit fire them off and get better teachers.

Given the current situation all the teachers at my kids schools and the whole area have done a fantastic job at having being shifted to working from home and online work.

They have picked up the baton without complaints and been there for most of our kids working more than they would if they were in school.

We’re ok paying dole dossers and others to stay home but the moment teachers are worried for their or the children in their cares health they shouldn’t get paid?

Read above. My mums a teacher, my brothers a teacher, my aunty is a teacher, my other aunty is the head of a college, my other aunty is the head teacher of a primary school.

I get what you’re coming from but you’re generalising to fuck.

Teachers have been heavily looked over in what they’ve done for our kids in the current climate.

Given that most parents are unlikely to send their kids back to school anyway, teachers should defo get full pay for the work they are doing.

You ain't got a fucking clue mate, you really ain't, but you carry on with ya citizen Smith outlook and all will be well I'm sure

You ain't got a fucking clue mate, you really ain't, but you carry on with ya citizen Smith outlook and all will be well I'm sure
They're public sector workers, never gonna earn private sector wages. But that's part of the profession, it takes a certain person to want to be a teacher, the type that like to give back.
Next week zack's family will be bankers when we are in a recession and week after medical examiners when the 2nd wave comes.

Tbh mate. Think I have more of a clue than you.

You’ve made your stand clear from the very first day, whereas mine has changed and reflected the situation.

They're public sector workers, never gonna earn private sector wages. But that's part of the profession, it takes a certain person to want to be a teacher, the type that like to give back.
Next week zack's family will be bankers when we are in a recession and week after medical examiners when the 2nd wave comes.

Your post doesn’t even make sense, do you even know what me and Luke are talking about?

Considering you both don’t have kids, bit of a far cry from two people with an opinion.

I’ve been working from home from day one. If I have to work from the office I will.

Will I send my kids into school where they have limited resources, they’re never going to be able to enforce social distancing on 4 - 11 year olds, they have no idea whether this disease is coming or going.

I think if teachers are working from home, which most are, and doing a great job, why should we cut their public sector wages and force them back to an uncomfortable situation?

Oh and if you had a clue, Sunny you would realise we have been in a recession for a little while now.

I dont have kids thank God, cant be arsed with them, missus feels the same way, so no plans on ruining our lifes having them lol.

On sending kids back i have mixed opinions. I do think those that want to go back should be allowed back, but at the same time i totally understand parents who dont feel ready to send their kids, just keep them home.

We do know children hardly show any signs of the virus, if they show any at all, and experts have said children dont carry the virus as long, so spreading it is far less a concern than adults in work places etc.

And teachers, their never happy TBH, always moan, i should know as my missus is an ex PE teacher. If teachers moan they should have a long look at other people in work that havent been given time off, shop workers for one!

And how the feck are you doing to self-distance pupils in schools when class sizes are huge?!

TBH if the kids go back now how long is it till they break up till September? Is it worth sending them back? I think in France the kids that have gone back to school are only there an hour or two before the class is rotated for another small group to come, and the first group go home, so whats the point?

An approved vaccine wont be available for another 12months experts say, so are we all going to stay home for a year, or are the healthy going to be allowed out to work and earn money? People with health issues should continue to be isolated and supported 100%

Last edited:
Asked my daughter and she said she doesnt want to go back, mostly because her closest friends arent.

Seems abit pointless to go back for 4 weeks, even then, its not going to be everyday and the day is shortened.

If teachers are working from home then they absolutley should be paid. I think what @lukeee meant was if they are asked to go back and refuse, and also dont work from home then they shouldnt be paid, which is fair enough.

Back