Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
33,643
Messages
1,119,688
Members
20,559
Latest member
bigbodybuilding
  • © 2000 - 2026 All content on this website is copyrighted and may not be reproduced without consent.
  • TMuscle forum does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding supplements.
    TMuscle has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.

    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.

    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM. IF MEMBERS FIND ANYTHING ILLEGAL PLEASE REPORT IMMEDIATELY FOR PROMPT REMOVAL

    Read Our Forum Terms and Rules

What weight you use for dumbell benches?

Lot of people saying this of late.

Con, any reasoning behind why you dont do flats anymore?
I never did a lot of flat pressing besides for powerlifting and in that case it was with a barbell.
Honestly I find flat db very tricky.
Kicking heavy dbs up for incline is easy but lying right down doing presses and then coming back up with them not so much.
I much prefer flat hammer press machines.

P.S. Super strong mate. Now if some People would notice the fact that you use Little gear but lift heavy ass weight equaling an amazing physique it would decrease some of this high dose mystique.

P.S.S I realize all my Posts look a bit off but I am on a European Computer and cant work out how to turn it to English Settings lol
 
187.5 for 1 on flat BB bench.
DBs in my gym only go up to 52kg but can do sets of 15 with these.
 
Some of you guys are outrageously strong. Most I've done on flat dumbell press is the 40kg's for about 17 reps.


Posted using TMuscle App
 
2kg dumbells for 1000 reps
 
Con I find flat or slight decline much easier to start than incline for dbells.
50kg bells for 12 reps and the 60's for 5 tops
 
80kg for reps is monstrous @petelawson

Coleman was using 200lb/91kg by comparison,
80s for reps is brutal!!!


Posted using TMuscle App
 
Around 140kg for dumbbells I get a lot more shape and development of chest doing dumbbells. Doing bench get more size but not as good shape or development does anyone else think this ?


Posted using TMuscle App
 


Posted using TMuscle App
 
I never did a lot of flat pressing besides for powerlifting and in that case it was with a barbell.
Honestly I find flat db very tricky.
Kicking heavy dbs up for incline is easy but lying right down doing presses and then coming back up with them not so much.
I much prefer flat hammer press machines.

P.S. Super strong mate. Now if some People would notice the fact that you use Little gear but lift heavy ass weight equaling an amazing physique it would decrease some of this high dose mystique.

P.S.S I realize all my Posts look a bit off but I am on a European Computer and cant work out how to turn it to English Settings lol

Thanks mate. Your posts are fine, people need to chill. Lol


I ask because flat bench dumb bells seems to be a dying art. Just wondered if more benefit from incline. Maybe a I need a period of incline to try out.


It is shocking the amounts people use for little or no gain. I have been clean for the last 27 months (illness) and even though I put on a little lard I'm still holding a lot of my old muscle. Guess the burgers and protein shakes do work. 8O)
 
Bit of a side note but whenever I dumbell press I always lower the dumbells slowly and take them really low so they are almost sitting in my armpits. I then hold them in that stretched position for a second or so and then press up explosively with the aim of keeping elbows as close together as possible throughout the movement for maximal pec stimulation.

The reason why I do this is because I picked up a nasty injury a couple years back when incline DB pressing but tbh this new way really stimulates my pecs like nothing else and since I've been doing it my pecs have really improved in terms of size. Obviously progressive resistance is always the name of the game but I've found that this technique is great.

Like with regular barbell benching, I see so many guys shifting some big weights, never pause at all at the bottom yet all seem to have pretty shallow pecs when correlated to the amount of weight they are actually lifting.
 
I only do incline too, was doing 55's for reps last year but now 50's for 6 is current best. My Flat bb bench is pitiful, 110kg for a few reps if I'm lucky


Posted using TMuscle App
 
80kg for reps is monstrous @petelawson

Coleman was using 200lb/91kg by comparison,
80s for reps is brutal!!!


Posted using TMuscle App
Thanks mate. Don't really consider myself that strong. Few guys in my gym do these kinds of weight for fun. Always there to motivate and shame me into lifting more. Love it. Great togetherness at our gym.

Lol Ronnie was a beast. He never needed a spot. Me on the other hand needs a spot after the 4th or 5th rep. lol
 
Been a very long time but my best was 28kg dumbbells for 8 many years ago..more recently I've worked up to 24kg but I need a spotter lol

Best ever bench was 67.5kg for 2 - benching really is my weakest lift!
 
Back
Top