Redwings Reviews

Discussion in 'Supplement Reviews' started by Redwing, Jul 14, 2014.

1. TinyTim

TinyTim Timothy Sprague-Dawley Top Contributor

This is a nice idea, this supp - it mirrors a lot of what I mix together into mine.
    IMO, though, the ratios between peptopro and the other ingredients isn't quite there.
    Would want to see double the peptopro with the rest unaltered tbh - similar, I think, to what @Hilly was getting at.
    But fair play to BBW - they are useful and premium ingredients.
    A supp of this type is never going to be cheap, however.

Redwing likes this.
  2. Redwing

Redwing Muscle Supermarket Rep & Money Saving Expert!

Good Comments Mate , I hope BBW are reading .

1 thing I do know is they did consult with bodybuilders when making this product I think Papa Lazarou (i only know his forum name) helped or made up the formula.

Maybe as you say it comes down to cost.

3. Redwing

Gaspari Superpump 3.0

I had Fruit punch flavour, Tasted just like Cherry.

Mix - it mixed fine maybe a bit of extra water at the end to grab the last of it but no complaints.

Like many people I remember the original of this and it was one of the first pre workouts . This is version 3.So interesting to see how its come along, if at all.

A look at the list of ingredients show...

Read the rest of this review here - http://www.tmuscle.co.uk/threads/gaspari-superpump-3-0.21680/

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  4. The Red Meat Kid

The Red Meat Kid Top Contributor

Have a look at reflex muscle bomb. Almost perfect for a pre/intra drink. Slight few additions for me though

5. Redwing

4g of citruline malate stands out. Nice amount

The Red Meat Kid likes this.
  6. Bodybuilding Warehouse

Bodybuilding Warehouse Full Member

When we made it, we also consulted with DSM (the guys who manufacture PeptoPro). From the studies they'd done, they'd seen great results with as little as 6g per serving. This is beneficial because as anyone who's used PeptoPro before will know, not only is it very, very expensive (vastly more than iBCAA's for example), but also VERY strong in taste and tends to foam a lot.

The only downside to PeptoPro as we saw it was the slightly lower leucine levels in relation to some of the other aminos inside - it's uptake is faster than BCAAs, there's a great muscle response, and by increasing the amount of leucine in there we thought we'd make it perfect. We added an additional 3g of *instantised* Leucine (which again costs a little more than normal leucine, but mixes better, which we felt was important given leucine itself is a hydrophobic amino acid).

Together with that, we added Citrulline Malate - we used the dose we did, because at that dose you get the benefits in terms of DOMs, recovery, *and* importantly increased BCAA uptake, but you don't kill the flavour (Cit Malate tastes very, very sour - malic acid is actually one of the ingredients on the outside of "sour" sweets). I always think it's funny how some brands profess to add a lot of Cit Malate into products but you can't taste it... which having worked extensively with the ingredient (we manufacture in house and so get the chance to try out everything), seemed strange, but that's another point.

The interesting thing with Prime - in addition to open ingredients profile, decent dosages etc - is the addition of FruitFlow. FruitFlow for what it's worth, is a crazy, crazy expensive ingredient. It's over £500 per kilo (no joke), and for that reason, has never been included in a pre-workout (or any supplement in the bodybuilding world. When you look into the science behind how it works, and not only the claims but the means behind how it works, it seems to make perfect sense if your goals is performance and recovery. It's also been shown to work with just 150mg, so as much as it's ridiculously expensive, you don't need a huge amount to get the benefits.

In terms of dosages etc, we believe there's no preworkout out there that's as good as Prime - nothing which when you look into the ingredients, will help you build muscle and (importantly) recover as well. From knowing the cost of ingredients, there's definitely no preworkout that costs as much to produce out there - and this is not showing off, or marketing bollocks, but it really wasn't designed and marketed because it'd be profitable. It's sold at a very poor margin because we consider it a great pre-workout, it's offered because it's what many of us wanted to take and our friends (e.g. Papa as noted above). I feel that if you want to attract new customers to your brand, you can't just offer "me too" / the same products as everyone else. Performance Prime was and is intended to be different to what else is out there, not just put people into a drugged out state lol, but to help them get better real results than they would otherwise.

This is the same reason we brought out Cyclic Dextrin (first company in Europe to launch this, we had to source and import it from Japan which is pretty difficult as anyone who knows will attest to lol), and Creatine Nitrate (again first European company to release this).

We have a few more cool products up our sleeves but I'm glad people are enjoying Prime. I honestly don't think you'll find a better pre-workout when you run it for a month vs. something else. That should be the true test of any supplement after all - what impact did it have on your goals and progress?

Hope that helps and thanks Redwing mate for pointing me in the direction of this thread!

7. Redwing

No Probs good to hear thoughts from the people that made it.

8. Levstar

Levstar Top Contributor

@Bodybuilding Warehouse

I rate Prime mate. I also like it Intra with 25-50g of HBCD.

HBCD is supplement of the year for me so far... You did a great job bringing that over!

9. The Red Meat Kid

The Red Meat Kid Top Contributor

I used bbw years ago then stopped but recently made the switch back. V impressed at products and service they offer now and also insight they can give into their products. 9/10 sponsors dont have a clue when questioned or take weeks to get back to us.

10. Bodybuilding Warehouse

Bodybuilding Warehouse Full Member

Thank you mate. We're thinking of releasing a flavoured version of this soon - we haven't done so far as we found a lot of people tended to mix it with their flavoured intra, but given it's relatively easy to flavour, we'll be adding a flavoured version soon just to put the option out there.

It's a very clever ingredient, so props to Glico who developed it. It's amazing if you just mix it in water, leave it 5 minutes, then come back and you'll see it's pretty much completely disappeared. Shows how well its absorbed in the body imo.

11. Redwing

Ergogen-UXB
    First of all. Where did they get this name from ? Ergogen-UXB doesn't exactly trip off the tongue like Craze, Jack3d etc.
    0/5 for the name.

ANYWAY onto the important stuff , Whats it taste like? and most importantly does it do what its supposed to.

Taste - I had berry flavour , very nice and tasty obviously we can all just down a pre workout but if your gonna have it everyday its gotta taste decent. This was really nice berry fruits of the forest type flavour would have no trouble downing a tub of this.
    4.5/5

Mix ability
    all mixed up fine gotta be 5/5 for me.

Focus
    Ok this for me is what pre workouts are all about. I usually take about 20 mins before I train but with a new one i always take...

Read the rest of this review here - http://www.tmuscle.co.uk/threads/ergogen-uxb-tremor-review.21668/

12. Account Suspended

Account Suspended Competitor

Ergogen UXB is the same stuff as Protein Lifestyle's Tremor, just a different name. It was formulated by James Collier.

The orange flavour is even better tasting IMO. Actually tastes like orange juice and you can mix it with a pen in a glass.

There is an article on muscletalk as to why the ingredients are in that are in - the science is impressive. James knows his shit.

As for the name, there is reasoning behind it, James did tell me but I can't remember what it is haha!

Personally, I do love the stuff. Maybe I'm biased because of my affiliation with protein lifestyle and muscletalk and that JC is a good friend of mine, but it's one of the few pre workouts where I can only take one serving... I'm VERY stim tolerant!

Redwing likes this.
  13. Redwing

yep as you say mate it is the same as Tremor . I shouldve mentioned that .

Ive linked to the article by James. I also liked the orange ive had both the orange is just like a juice.

Account Suspended likes this.
  14. Redwing

Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein Vanilla.

I'm just reviewing the product itself at the moment ill get on to the cost later

Ive always been a big fan of Casein at night because it stops my night time snacking. Casein is great for making you feel full and also is a very slow releasing Protein so the muscles will be fed all night preventive Muscle breakdown.
    I'm on a bit of a quest to find one I really like , ive tried many...

Read the rest of this review here - http://www.tmuscle.co.uk/threads/optimum-nutrition-100-casein-protein-review.21681/

15. Redwing

If BBW have an offer , what would you like to see?

I think they are trying to put together an offer for us but trying to find out what would be what people want.